The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government has announced the availability of funding under the Capital Assistance Scheme “Call for Proposals 2017”.
This funding is available for the delivery, through either the construction or acquisition of housing accommodation to cater for priority groups under the Capital Assistance Scheme (CAS) including:
- Homeless persons (including “care leavers” exiting state care on reaching the age of 18);
- People with a disability with a particular emphasis on moving people with a disability from a congregated setting into community based living.
Approved Housing Bodies applying for CAS funding must have signed up to the Voluntary Regulatory Code. Documentary evidence will be required to show evidence of compliance with this code as
administered by the Housing Agency.
Proposals will be prioritised on the basis of the following criteria:
a) The extent to which the proposal meets the categories of need as outlined above;
b) (with HSE support) specifically to support people with a disability moving from a congregated setting into community based living;
c) (with Tusla advise & support) specifically to provide accommodation for “State care leavers” i.e. people who, having reached the age of 18, are leaving State care, are in need of accommodation and are eligible for social housing.
2) Value for Money – Proposals must be cost effective and fit-for-purpose.
3) The Approved Housing Body will need to have the capacity to deliver on new acquisitions and construction projects in a reasonable timeframe, especially if a Voluntary Body has approved projects that are not well advanced.
4) Applications will be accepted on an open “rolling” call basis. Project Briefs and CAS 1 application forms as outlined in Circular 30/2017 should be submitted to the Housing Section, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Nenagh, for the attention of Pat McKeogh.
5) All proposals must meet the criteria of Circular Housing 30/2017; Circular 29/2017 Buy and Renew.
If you have any queries or require further clarification in relation to this CAS “Call for Proposals 2017” please contact email@example.com or telephone 0761 06 5000.
Director of Services
Date: 6th September 2017