CONTROLLED BURNING OF GORSE, HEATHER, GRASS
Tipperary Fire and Rescue Service wish to advise ALL LANDOWNERS to PLEASE DIAL 999 and ask for Fire Brigade Control Centre BEFORE YOU BEGIN ANY CONTROLLED BURNING and inform Fire Brigade Operators of the following :-
• Your Intention to carry out a “CONTROLLED BURN”.
• Give your name and Contact Telephone Number
• The Exact Location and Address of the BURN
• The expected duration of the Burn
If the Fire Brigade Control Centre needs to contact you they will ring on the number you provided. Fire Brigade Control will appear as a “Private Number” on your phone. YOU MUST ANSWER THIS CALL.
ALWAYS TAKE THE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING ADVICE AND PRECAUTIONS :-
1. Follow the advice provided in the Department of Agriculture guidance document “The Prescribed Burning Code of Practice”.
2. Before Burning follow Advice detailed above.
3. Inform your neighbours to prevent alarm. Do not burn near Forestry Plantations or National Parks.
4. Burning should be started early in the day and the most suitable time is from 09:00 to 11:30 in the morning. Do not burn in the late evening or at night.
5. A suitable Control Line or Fire Break of at least 6 metres (20 feet) should be made around the area to be burned.
6. Keep the Burn Area Small.