A vehicle conversion is a modification to the registered details of a vehicle
Most conversions submitted to MTO are for Vehicles which have been converted from EU category M1 to N1, i.e. from Private to Goods Vehicle. (see www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/vehicle-conversions.html in relation to other conversions).
The documents listed below must be completed and submitted to the Motor Taxation Office to amend registration documents for converted vehicles:-
- Change of particulars Form RF111 – form can be downloaded at http://www.tipperarycoco.ie/motor-tax
- Original Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Vehicle Owner’s Declaration of Conversion (Form VRTCONV) (form can be downloaded from www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/vehicle-conversions.html )
- Suitably Qualified Individual Declaration of Conversion (Form VRTCONVSQI) (form can be downloaded from www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/vehicle-conversions.html)
- A copy of the Test 48 certification (Masses and Dimensions) issued by an NSAI Approved Test Centre, if converting M1 to N1 – see www.nsai.ie for list of Approved Test Centres.
The Documents as per Requirements for the First Time Taxing of Goods Vehicles (http://www.tipperarycoco.ie/motor-tax/light-goodscommercial-vehicles) must be completed and submitted to the Motor Taxation Office to TAX vehicles converted for goods carrying use.
NOTE: ARREARS OF TAX ARE CHARGED AT THE PRE-CONVERSION RATE UP TO THE START OF THE MONTH IN WHICH THE CONVERSION OCCURRED.