The Scheme of Capital Grants for Community Facilities & Amenities 2016-2019 was developed by Tipperary County Council to provide community-based groups, clubs and voluntary organisations with a fund to support:
• Development of “needs-based” facilities to deal with deficits in community infrastructure and amenities;
• Availability of appropriate community infrastructure and amenities for all groups of the population at a convenient distance from their homes and places of work;
• Opportunities for communities to improve and give added-value to their existing facilities;
• Strengthening of community relationships by supporting communities to work together to provide facilities needed in their locality;
• Equality of access to all community facilities and amenities.
Tipperary County Council is now opening a Call for Proposals and is inviting applications for funding in accordance with the priorities of the Scheme agreed by the Council. The total budget available to distribute in grant funding is €2m.
Applications for funding will only be accepted for capital projects/works which have not yet taken place. The minimum grant awarded will be €10,000. Funding at a maximum rate of 75% of eligible expenditure is available, subject to the following limits:
• Major Grant Award – up to maximum of €100,000 for projects having an impact at the level of one or more Municipal Districts;
• Community/Local Grant Award – up to a maximum of €40,000 for projects having an impact at the level of one or more communities.
The Application Form and a Guidance Note Document is available to download here on the website or upon request by telephone to 076 1065000 or by e-mail to SCG2017@tipperarycoco.ie.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms and supporting documentation is 12 noon on Thursday 30th November, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. The application form must be completed electronically, printed and hand signed by the applicant. Application forms completed in handwriting will not be accepted.
Fully completed applications must be posted to SCG2017 Call for Proposals, Tipperary County Council, Community & Economic Development Directorate, Ballingarrane House, Cahir Road, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
Information Workshops in relation to this Call for Proposals will take place at 7.00 p.m. in the following locations:-
• Monday 9th October, 2017, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Clonmel
• Wednesday 11th October, The Source Arts Centre, Cathedral Street, Thurles
• Monday 16th October, 2017, Cashel-Tipperary MD Civic Offices, Rosanna Road, Tipperary Town
• Wednesday 18th October, 2017, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Nenagh
• Monday 23rd October, Nano Nagle Resource Centre, Carrick-on-Suir
If you wish to attend one of these workshops please confirm your attendance by emailing SCG2017@tipperarycoco.ie.