Tipperary County Council has agreed to support small and medium businesses operating in County Tipperary by reducing the amount of rates payable if the rates are paid in a timely manner. 572 ratepayers saved in excess of €70,000 in 2016 by participating in the scheme.
A 5% reduction may be applied, as a financial support, to occupiers of commercial properties with total annual Commercial Rates bills of up to and including €5,000 in 2017, subject to a number of terms and conditions.
A reduction of €250 may be applied, as a financial support, to occupiers of commercial properties with total annual Commercial Rates bills between €5,000 and €12,000 in 2017, subject to the criteria outlined below.
Criteria of the Scheme
Applicants must occupy a commercially rated property in County Tipperary and meet the following criteria:
- Register for the Scheme – Registration to be submitted with payment before 31st July.
- Total commercial rates invoice(s) must amount to a maximum amount of €12,000 in 2017.
- The Commercial Rates relating to the relevant account must be paid in full (less the incentive value) by 31st July 2017 - this date applies if using any payment method other than Direct Debit.
- Applicants paying by Tipperary County Council’s Direct Debit Scheme are eligible provided the commercial rates account is paid in full by September 2017. Please note that a Standing Order does not constitute payment by Direct Debit
- Reduction of 5% of the 2017 rates, up to a maximum of €250, may be deducted from the rates payment if paid within the timeframes outlined above.
- Eligibility for the scheme, and the appropriate reduction, will apply to the overall amount due where a single customer has more than one rates account. Ratepayers must supply any supporting documentation requested by the Council before the reduction is applied.
- Arrears on your Account?
The scheme is open to customers with arrears on their accounts where they meet the following requirements.
a) Pay an amount equivalent of the 2017 year’s rates by 31st July 2017 and
b) Enter into an agreed structured payment plan to address and eliminate arrears by Bank Standing Order.
- Final Decision on Eligibility for scheme rests with Tipperary County Council
Exceptions / Not Eligible for inclusion in the scheme
- Accounts where the total 2017 commercial rates charge is more than €12,000
- Vacant Property
- Ratepayers availing of the Commercial Incentive Scheme