(Integrated Catchment Management)
THESE ARE FIXED TERM CONTRACT POSTS – Ceasing on 31st December 2021
The EU Water Framework Directive [WFD] 2000 seeks to protect and improve our natural waters, including rivers, lakes, groundwater, coastal water and transitional waters. The Water Framework Directive objectives are implemented through River Basin Management Plans and Programmes of Measures.
As part of the team structure of The Local Authority Water & Communities Office, it is intended to recruit TWENTY  Assistant Environmental Scientists, 2 to be based within each of the locations listed below:
1. The offices of Donegal County Council (Donegal town).
2. The offices of Monaghan County Council (Carrickmacross).
3. The offices of Offaly County Council (Tullamore).
4. The offices of Dublin City Council (Marrowbone Lane).
5. The offices of Tipperary County Council (Clonmel).
6. The offices of Kilkenny County Council (Kilkenny).
7. The offices of Galway County Council (Galway City).
8. The offices of Mayo County Council (Castlebar).
9. The offices of Cork County Council (Inniscarra).
10. The offices of Limerick City and County Council (Limerick City).
Annual salary scale of €37,331 [min] to €55,136 [max] excluding LSI’s will apply. 37 hours per week. It is likely that parts of the work schedule will be outside normal office hours, so flexibility will be required.
Full particulars of the posts including Application Forms are available on Tipperary County Council’s website www.tipperarycoco.ie and also from the Customer Services Desk, Civic Offices, Clonmel or Civic Offices, Nenagh or by e-mail from email@example.com
Completed application forms must be lodged with Human Resources Section, Civic Offices, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary by not later than 4.00 p.m. on Thursday, 4th January, 2018.
Tipperary/Kilkenny County Councils reserve the right to shortlist candidates having regard to education, qualifications and experience and only the shortlisted applicants will be called for interview. Canvassing will automatically disqualify.
TIPPERARY COUNTY COUNCIL & KILKENNY COUNTY COUNCIL ARE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYERS