Tipperary County Council is seeking expressions of interest in respect of projects under the terms of the CLÁR Scheme recently launched by the Department of Rural and Community Development, and which the Council could consider for submission to the Department.
CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small infrastructural projects in areas that experience disadvantage. The aim of CLÁR is to support the sustainable development of identified CLÁR areas with the aim of attracting people to live and work there.
This Call for Expressions of Interest relates to
Measure 2: (Outdoor Community Recreational Facilities).
Measure 3a: (Community Gardens & Allotments).
Where shortlisting is required the Council may consider as part of the process:
1. The positive impact of the project in respect of the Sustainable Development Goals (https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/).
2. Relevance to the scheme and the positive impact to the locality.
3. The Deprivation Index.
4. The benefits received by the area under various grant schemes in the last 3 years.
Please refer to the 2021 Scheme Outline for more detailed information. The Scheme Outline and full details and the
Expression of Interest template are available below.
Any application must adhere to the following requirements:
• The project must be located in a designated CLÁR area to be able to be considered. Maps and lists of the CLÁR areas in County Tipperary are available see details below.
• The Terms and conditions associated with the Scheme.
How to express an interest?
Return the completed Expression of Interest form by post to CLÁR Scheme Measure 2 or CLÁR Scheme Measure 3a , Community & Economic Development Section, Tipperary County Council, Ballingarrane House, Cahir Road, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, or by email to CLAR@tipperarycoco.ie with CLAR Measure 2 or CLAR Measure 3a in the subject box by 12.00 noon on Wednesday 7th of April 2021.
Your submission must be submitted using the Expression of Interest template.
All expressions of interest will be assessed by the Council and
Measure 2: a maximum of 4 proposals can be selected for County Tipperary.
Measure 3a: a maximum 3 proposals can be selected for County Tipperary.
Other measures under the standard CLAR scheme:
1. Measure 1: will be Administered by the ROADS section of Tipperary County Council and the Roads Section may be contacted at 0761-06-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Measure 3b: Mobility and Cancer care Support these applications are made Directly to the Department of Rural and Community Development via e-mail to CLAR@DRCD.gov.ie by Friday the 7th of May 2021 and the details may be viewed on the following website https://www.gov.ie/en/policy-information/91ba52-clar/?section=2021-clar-...
Additionally in 2021 The Innovation measure
3. CLÁR Innovation Measure This has a separate application and is a new measure for 2021. This is a new measure and Expressions of Interest on the prescribed form go directly to the Department via CLAR@DRCD.gov.ie and must be submitted Friday 21st May 2021.
Details of this scheme and application form are available on the following website: