Development of Social Inclusion cultural projects
The following actions are underway
- As part of the County Councils Green & Blue Interreg project work has commenced on connecting young people into the River Suir and the Connecting youth group have had several discussion on how the River Suir can be used as a tool for engaging young people in particular hard to reach young people. The Interreg project has funded a participation project with the young people from the WSTCYS diversion project in Clonmel which included workshops on photography & Biodiversity, kayaking and stone carving. As part of the work in relation to Green and Blue the Connecting youth group are going to work with the Inland Fisheries Board with a view to establishing a youth angling hub in South Tipperary.
- CYTE have completed a introductory programme for small group of young people in Carrick on Suir with a focus on the River Suir
- TRYS music programme, funded by STDC is nearing completion. The project culminated in a lunchtime concert at UL, as part of the Tipp Music Education partnership, which is led by the TETB. December concert planned for the EXCEL. Project led by TRYS and funded by STDC and County Council with support from VEC youth officer. Part of the project will include a film documentary of the project and external evaluaiton
- Age Friendly county group -arts in health care settings project for the elderly – South Tipp VEC, HSE and Local Authority have established working group and small actions happening. Many of activities in Positive Ageing Week are related to cultural activities.
- Rapid Halloween festival in Clonmel
Disability forum – Funding allocated by STDC to do a traditional skills training project including people with disabilities in Cahir Sensory Garden-project half way complete
For further information contact
Tipperary Local Authority
Community & Enterprise Section