Tipperary County Council is anxious to maximise the potential of Diaspora engagement which will lay the foundations, establish the links and maximise the business, tourism and connections that Tipperary has in abundance . Our strategy to promote greater Diaspora engagement will
- Establish Tipperary County Council as the key point of first contact and driver of new and existing Diaspora engagement projects.
- Build and extend our database of Diaspora contacts countywide through communities, sporting organisations, town twinning, local ambassador’s programmes and other actions. Strengthening the Diaspora database in addition to the provision of resources to supply specific information and services to external enquiries
- Continue to work closely with Connect Ireland in conjunction with Chambers and Business Groups.
- Disseminate information on the Diaspora supports available to local communities and business organisations so that Tipperary gets it fair share.
- Actively support new and existing Community organisations to implement their project plans through the provision of advice, mentoring and event management expertise.
- Take advantage of all leads generated through the various Diaspora projects and bring to bear supports and where appropriate make other agency referrals.
- Showcase and champion our examples and models of best practices across the 4 areas of Culture & Heritage, Genealogy, Communications and Networks which in turn will act as a catalyst to new Groups in respect of future funding calls.
The Tipperary County Council approach is to leverage current and future funding streams and position Tipperary to get its fair share of FDI, tourism, genealogy, business investment, jobs and most of all profile in both national and international markets. Co-ordinated and more focussed Diaspora engagement will ensure that all new connections will be maximised for the County going forward.