What is a Men’s Shed?
- A Men’s Shed is a dedicated, friendly and welcoming meeting place where men come together and undertake a variety of mutually agreed activities.
Men’s Sheds are open to all men regardless of age, background or ability. It is a place where you can share your skills and knowledge with others, learn new skills and develop your old skills.
- New members are always welcome and can be assured that there is something of interest for everyone as the men have ownership of their Shed and projects and decide their own program of events.
- An objective of Men’s Sheds is to enhance or maintain the well-being of the participating men.
The Irish Men’s Sheds Association was set up in January 2011 with the purpose of supporting the development and sustainability of Men’s Sheds on the Island of Ireland. See www.menssheds.ie for information and supports in relation to development of Mens Sheds.
In Tipperary, The Local Development Companies and other community structures have supported the development of a number of Men’s Sheds around the county.
Tipperary Men’s Sheds
- Ballingarry The Common Men’s Shed – Unit 1, Enterprise Centre, Ballyingarry, Thurles, Co. Tipperary – Avril Wilson 052 915 4896 ext 1 – email@example.com – Open Tuesday afternoons
- Borrisoleigh Men’s Shed – Borrisoleigh, Co. Tipperary – Derry O’Donnell 086-3191673 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Borrisokane Men’s Shed – Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary – Tel PJ Power 087 2317427 – email@example.com
- Cashel Men’s Shed – Spafield Family Resource Centre, Old Road, Cashel, Co. Tipperary – Deirdre O’Connor – 062 63622 – firstname.lastname@example.org – Opening Hours Thursdays 12.00 to 2.00pm Webpage Cashel Men’s Shed
- Cahir Men’s Shed – Loughloher, Cahir, Co. Tipperary – Gerry Niland 087 – 1269804 – or Michael Ryan 086 1076872 – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org – Open Wednesday nights 7.00pm to 8.30pmCahir Mens Sheds (pictured above) are making fairy doors with the pallets they received from Tipperary County Council. These fairy doors will be located on the walkway from Castle Car Park to Swiss Cottage.
- Clonmel Men’s Shed – Bridgewater House, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary – Joe O’ Sullivan – 086 2654577 – email@example.com
- Nenagh Men’s Shed – Ely O’Carroll Place, Silver Street, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary – Mark White- 083 1459742- Liam Morrissey- 085 139 5592
- Roscrea Men’s Shed – Neil Cuerin, 087 9026051, 56 Sheehane, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary – firstname.lastname@example.org - Monday – Thursday 10.00am – 5.00pm
- Templemore Men’s Shed - 22 Park Road, Templemore Co. Tipperary – Michael O Brien – 086-1014383 – Mike@shorttsdrapery.ie
- Tipperary Men’s Shed – Knockanrawley Resource centre, Tipperary Town. – Ruth Smith 087 9684108 – email@example.com
Contact Details for Local Development Companies:
South Tipperary Development Company Ltd.
Unit 2C Carrigeen Commercial Park, Clogheen road, Cahir, Co. Tipperary
Ph: 052-7442652 Fax: 052-7442724 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ,