Tipperary County Council held two webinars on the growth and development of the social enterprise sector in Tipperary on the 27th of May 2021 and the 3rd of June 2021. The aim of the seminar was to provide information and awareness around the sector with a view to supporting social enterprises already in place and developing new social enterprises in the county.
On the 24th of May Kathleen Prendergast gave a presentation on what a social enterprise is. A number of inspirational social enterprises from County Tipperary presented including;
• Mary Fogarty from Loughmore shop and tea rooms,
• Liam Fleming from Siul Eile Clogheen,
• David Broderick SCEAL Lorrha and
• Mike Geary from Ballyporeen Community Council.
These groups told their story why they went down the social enterprise route and the challenges they faced.
On the June the 3rd Ciaran Lynch will discuss the governance of social enterprises. Followed by a number of speakers from local and national organisation on the supports and funding available to Social Enterprises, these included
• Caroline Shanahan from North Tipperary Development Company,
• Sara Bourke from South Tipperary Development Company,
• Margaret Leahy from ReThink Ireland and
• Susan Gallagher from Clann Credo
The webinar were being organised by the Community and Economic Section of Tipperary County Council.