Aim of Sub-Group: Implement Integrated Plan for the Delivery of Services to Travellers in South Tipperary.
Target group: Travelling Community in South Tipperary
Proposed outcomes: Delivery of actions in Strategic Plan
- South Tipperary County Council
- Health Service Executive.
- Department of Social and Family Affairs.
- Tipperary Rural Travellers Project.
- Department of Education and Science/National Education Welfare Board – Visiting Teachers for Travellers.
- Clonmel Youth Training Enterprise.
- South Tipperary Vocational Education Committee
- Traveller Development Project.
- Millennium Family Resource Centre.
- Knockanrawley Resource Centre
- Tipperary Libraries
- Tipperary Regional Youth Services
- Clonmel Youth Training
- Money Advice & Budgeting Services
- Tipperary Leader
- Garda Siochana.
- Tipperary Regional Youth Service.
- South Tipperary County Childcare Committee
- Men’s Development Network
- Spafield Family Resource Centre
- South Tipperary Development Company
What is the current position? Plan being implemented
- TRTP have completed research on Traveller Health and wellbeing in South Tipperary - sub groups of interagency have agreed to review and update their objectives and actions.
- The HSE rep to replace Angela Joy on the Traveller Interagency group is Derval Howley
- STDC has agreed to Chair the Traveller Interagency Committee – Phil Shanahan has been nominated
- Funding has not yet been secured for another year for the work in relation to addiction, drugs and substance misuse
- Health work with traveller men is continuing
- Primary health care workers continue to work in the community
Leadership programme being implemented with traveller men
6 Traveller children participated in a TRYS music programme, funded by STDC. This culminated in a lunchtime concert at UL, as part of the Tipp Music Education partnership, which is led by the TETB.
- Traveller men’s horse association formed and prepared a submission in relation to impact of new legislation re horses
Work being completed on application for innovative CE scheme for traveller
For Further Information contact:
Senior Executive Officer
South Tipperary County Council