The Clonmel Flood Monitoring Team met this afternoon and considered the up-to-date forecasting model information. The decision has been taken that the flood barriers and road closures at Convent Road and Dry Arch (“Glass”) Bridge will remain in place until, at the earliest, tomorrow mid-morning (Thursday 25th February).
The river level continues to rise slowly. It is not expected that the peak, when it comes, will cause any additional issues.
The situation will continue to be monitored by the Clonmel Flood Monitoring Team and further information and direction will issue as required.
We apologies for any inconvenience these closures may cause.
Mapped locations are for visual reference only