- Always carry a reusable shopping bag with you - don't accept every paper bag you are offered.
- Only buy what you need - buy more & you'll throw it out!
- Drink tap water instead of bottled water - keep a jug in the fridge.
- Buy loose fruit & veg not pre-packaged - weigh vegetables separately but put them all in the one bag.
- Compost organic waste from your kitchen & garden.
- Choose products that are minimally packaged or with packaging which can be recycled.
- Choose reusable napkins not disposable ones.
- Leave newspaper supplements you are not going to read in the shop.
- Bring a lunchbox to school/work instead of using foil or cling film.
- When using paper - use both sides of the page.
- Send emails whenever possible - never print them out.
- Share magazines with friends & see if your GP can use unwanted magazines in the waiting room.
- Return all junk mail to sender.
- Bring old glasses back to the optician for use in the developing world.
- Bring all your household batteries to the collection points in libraries & offices across the county.
- Recycle ink jet/toner cartridges & mobile phones through your supplier.
- Buy a vacuum cleaner with reusable/washable bags.
- Donate books, old clothes & toys to charity shops and jumble sales.
- Choose reusable nappies.
- Use Styrofoam or broken crockery as drainage in plant pots.
- Wash & squash containers/cans
- Remove caps and lids
- Separate glass according to colour
- Ring the number on the recycling bank or your Local Authority if the bank needs emptying