To make an application to record a change of Engine you need:
- Completed Declaration Form RF111 - form can be downloaded at the Motor Tax Offices website www.motortax.ie
- Section 5 of Form RF111 must be completed and stamped by a Main Dealer.
- The same Main Dealer must submit a letter on their headed paper confirming:
- Registration number of vehicle;
- that they have fitted the replacement engine OR that they have inspected the replacement engine;
- the replacement Engine Number;
- the cubic capacity of the replacement engine;
- the type of fuel of the replacement engine;
- signature of a representative of the Main Dealer and the signatory’s position held within the Main Dealership.
- The Vehicle Registration Certificate must be surrendered.
- Photo ID, e.g. Driving Licence/Passport, must be presented.
Please note that for Change of Particulars the person making the application/Registered Owner must attend the Motor Taxation Office when submitting the application. Applications will not be accepted through the post or third parties. Due to administrative requirements, the application must be submitted at the Public Counter of the Motor Taxation Office, but it will not be processed at the public counter at the time of receipt. The applicant will then be contacted by post as soon as possible.
NOTE: On processing, a new Vehicle Registration Certificate will be sent to the vehicle owner.