The final design for Bowes Corner is now complete and Rathcabbin Tarmacadam have been appointed the contractor.
We are using the same material as Liberty Square, paving, kerbing etc.
Work is expected to start in July with drainage works, ducting, excavation etc and follow on with kerbing and paving.
The main changes are as follows:
• Junction tightening (auto track has being done)
• Existing controlled crossing on Friar Street moved closer to the junction
• New controlled crossing on bridge
• Uncontrolled crossing points on all pedestrian routes with dropped kerbs and tactile paving
• Entire junction will be a raised table
• Additional public lighting