PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended)
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS, 2001
ARTICLES 81 & 120(3) OF PART 8 OF THE PLANNING &
DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (as amended)
Proposed Cahir Market House Business Centre (Cahir Library)
and 25 Old Church Street, Cahir
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Tipperary County Council hereby gives notice that it intends to carry out the following development:
Description: Development of Cahir Business Centre in Market House and the adjoining building.
Location: The proposed development will be carried out on lands in Old Church Street, Cahir, Co. Tipperary, Eircodes E21 WD89 and E21 FX65 in the townland of Townparks, Cahir, Co. Tipperary.
Nature and extent of the proposed development:
Refurbishment and alterations to Cahir Market House (current location of Cahir Library) including change of use to office and commercial use and refurbishment and alterations to 25 Old Church Street Cahir, Co. Tipperary and connection of the buildings internally. Cahir Market house and 25 Old Church Street will be used as a business centre.
The proposed development comprises the following elements:
25 Old Church Street
• Alterations and refurbishment including restoration of the façade, demolition of rear section of building and construction of new two storey block and link to the Market House at the Square and Old Church Street, Cahir, Co. Tipperary to develop a new business centre.
Cahir Market House (Protected Structure)
• The proposed works include the reforming of the original 3-arched façade with fully glazed infill screen, application of impost mouldings and new plinth as part of façade restoration, replacement of existing windows with timber sliding up-and-down sash windows, new panelled front door, re-levelling of arched entrance passage, removal of 3-storey rear extension, construction of new 2-storey extension at rear of existing offices, removal of screen in hall, installation of new partitions, insertion of new internal stairs with new fire exit door and steps at side elevation, removal of existing toilets and provision of new first-floor disabled toilet, installation of new lift, installation of photovoltaic solar panels on inner roof slope, and all associated internal and external alterations and link to 25 Old Church Street.
Cahir Market House (Cahir Library) is a protected structure (RPS reference S241) and the proposals would materially affect the character of same.
The site is within an Architectural Conservation Area and the proposals would materially affect the character of the area concerned.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and Article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended. The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
In accordance with Article 120(1)(a) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, the Planning Authority has carried out a preliminary examination of nature, size and location of the proposal, and has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development, and an EIA is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including AA Screening Assessment Report and EIA Preliminary Examination Report, will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at: -
• Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street., Clonmel Co. Tipperary
• Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
• Tipperary-Cahir-Cashel Municipal District Offices, Rosanna Road, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary
from 9.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday, and Cahir Library, The Square, Cahir, Co. Tipperary from 11am – 2pm on Tuesdays and from 10am – 2pm on Fridays for a period from the 1st October to the 30th of October 2020.
Details of the proposed development are also available online at www.tipperarycoco.ie .
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing and addressed to Pat Slattery, Director of Services, Tipperary-Cahir-Cashel Municipal District, Rosanna Road, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary no later than 4.30 pm on Monday 16th November, 2020.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.