What to expect in Phase 2?
Users can expect a safe lending service via a ‘Contact and Collect’ lending model
Parks and Playgrounds
Reopening of all parks & playgrounds – in compliance with social distancing and HSE guidelines;
Resumption of On-street traffic management enforcement; with free parking in car parks (with the exception of Mary Street car park, Clonmel)
Hours of operation of the Community call help lines will reduce to 9am to 5pm seven days a week with effect from Wednesday 10th June 2020;
Access to Council Offices / Public Counters
Public Counters continue to be closed and limited access for planning purposes is available by appointment only;
Plenary Council Meetings re-commenced with effect from Monday 8th June 2020 and further monthly meetings will take place in The Dome, Thurles.
How will it work?
There will be an increased availability of physical book lending services and will only be accessible to the public on a “contact and collect” basis where members can order items and collect them in their local library. Library members can contact their branch by phone, email or via the librartiesireland.ie website;
• Avoid close contact with other persons;
• Distance yourself at least 2 metres away from other people
• Small group – sizes should be kept to a minimum
• Avoid an area if it looks very busy
Parents or Guardians are required to:-
• To bring their own hand sanitiser for the cleaning of their children’s hands before, at regular intervals during and after use of the playground equipment. In the absence of such sanitation parents or guardians are requested to refrain from allowing their children use of the equipment
• To ensure physical distancing between children
• To advise children to avoid touch their face, eyes, nose and mouth
• To ensure children under your care have regard to the safe use of equipment and to the safety of others at all times
• To adhere to the most up to date heath advice
As more businesses have begun to reopen in line with the Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business, problems are beginning to arise with issues such as parking in prohibited areas, in a dangerous fashion and all day parking on streets preventing the necessary turnover of available parking spaces. It is, therefore, necessary to resume traffic management on street only with effect from 8th June i.e. Pay parking enforcement and the issuing of parking tickets will resume on street and off Street Car Parks ((with the exception of Mary Street car park, Clonmel) will continue to be free;
Community Call Forum help lines previously operated 8am-8pm, 7 days per week, providing practical support as a safety net for vulnerable people cocooning, however there has been a gradual reduction in calls received, and while it is recognised that there remains a core clientele – often among the most vulnerable in our communities - who are in need of the services provided, there is a need for those services to continue, but the Community call help lines are being incorporated into normal customer service management system and will now operate from 9am to 5pm, seven days a week with effect from Wednesday 10th June 2020 . It is important to note that the ALONE National Helpline will continue to operate on a 24/7 basis as a failsafe.
Opening of Public Counters
The agreed timeframe for the initial re-opening of all other customer service desks/public counters on incremental/managed basis (which may involve limited hours) to allow for testing/readjustment of arrangements before Phase 4 is 29th June, however in light of the accelerated openings announced by government consideration may be given to an earlier opening and will continue to be kept under review.
Members of the public can still continue to access the council services online
More detailed guidance on the availability of all council services can be accessed on the website www.tipperarycoco.ie and the Council is asking members of the public to avail of these services by:-
• Post or
• Telephone on 0761 06 5000, from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays or
• Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency numbers outside of office hours for the following services are;
• Roads - 1890 923 948
• Housing (Emergency Electrical and Plumbing issues only) - 1890 923 948
• Water and Wastewater - 1850 278 278