Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Tipperary County Council hereby gives notice that it intends to carry out the following development:
Nenagh Tourist Office and Banba Square Enhancement
Nature and extent of the proposed development is as follows:
Banba Square Nenagh, within the urban environment of Nenagh Town at Grid Reference IG:186618,179314
Nature and Extent of Proposed Development:
• Internal modifications to the current Nenagh Arts Centre to provide a Tourist Information Office.
• Provision of a wheelchair accessible ramp to the front entrance to the Tourist Office.
• The paving of Banba Square taking into account the access needs of pedestrians.
• Undergrounding of ESB and Eir services at O’ Rahilly Street, Nenagh.
• Alterations of existing boundary wall to former Motor Tax Office.
• The provision of new street furniture, lighting, soft landscaping and trees.
• Alteration to the monument surrounds at Banba Square.
• Installation of new directional signage.
• Removal of Trees outside Nenagh Arts Centre.
• The Nenagh Arts Centre and the former Motor Tax Office are registered on the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage (NIAH). Their references are 22305010 and 22305011.
• The Nenagh Arts Centre is a protected structure and is recorded as Ref. No.43 in the Nenagh Town and Environs Development Plan.
• The former Motor Tax Office is a protected structure and is recorded as Ref. No.27 in the Nenagh Town and Environs Development Plan.
• The monument at Banba Square is a protected structure and is recorded as Ref. No.6 in the Nenagh Town and Environs Development Plan.
• These works are within an Architectural Conservation Area (ACA).
• These works are likely to be undertaken on a phased basis.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and Article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended. The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
The proposed development is not of a class set out under Schedule 5 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, and does not require Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at: -
Nenagh Municipal District, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co Tipperary from 9.30 am- 4.30 pm Monday to Friday for a period from the 21st of December 2019 to the 30th of January 2020 (excluding bank holidays).
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing to Marcus O’ Connor, Director of Services, Nenagh Municipal District, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co Tipperary no later than 4.30 pm on 13th February 2020.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Signed: Marcus O’ Connor, Director of Services, Nenagh Municipal District, Civic Offices, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Date: 21st December 2019