Please note that signage conveying the following message has been erected at all our playgrounds:
For the Safety of Our Children - Rules of Use of This Playground
Children using this Playground are to be SUPERVISED by a PARENT or GUARDIAN AT ALL TIMES.
Parents or Guardians are REQUIRED:
1. To bring their own hand sanitiser for the cleaning of their children’s hands before, at regular intervals during and after use of the playground equipment. In the absence of such sanitation parents or guardians are requested to refrain from allowing their children use of the equipment.
2. To ensure physical distancing between children
3. To advise children to avoid touching their face, eyes, nose and mouth.
4. To ensure children under your care have regard to the safe use of equipment and to the safety of others at all times.
5. To adhere to the most up to date health advice.
Thurles Municipal District
• Playgrounds re-opened Thursday 11th June 2020
Nenagh Municipal District:
Playgrounds open from 10/6/2020
• Clare Glens
Others not yet open
• St. Paul’s Playground, Nenagh – will be opened later this week following completion of minor works
• Borrisokane – maintenance & repairs to be undertaken prior to being re-opened. A further update will be provided when this is re-opened.
• Nenagh Town Park – maintenance works currently underway. A further update will be provided when this is re-opened.
• Nenagh Castle Field (OPW) and Nenagh Castle Garden (County Council) are open to the public and both facilities give priority between 10am and 1pm for people who are cocooning - this includes over 70's and those who are medically vulnerable.
• Aglish – it is a matter for the committee to decide on re-opening, Council has inspected same and provided wording for appropriate signage to be used
Tipperary-Cahir-Cashel Municipal District
• Majority of playgrounds in the district reopened Friday 12th June.
• Inch Field in Cahir open to the public
• Tipperary Hills Walkway open in Tipperary Town
Clonmel Borough District
• Playgrounds Open
• Careys Slip Car Park open
• Mulcahy Car Park open
• Kilsheelan Car Park open
Carrick on Suir Municipal District
• Playgrounds – (limited opening subject to repairs being undertaken)
• Vehicular access to Blueway from N24 is reopened at two locations;
(a) Fisherman’s (Murphy’s) Boreen adjacent to Fitzpatrick Caravan park on outskirts of Carrick-on-Suir;
(b) Laneway opposite Arrigan’s Boreen junction with N24 (approx 1.5 km west of Carrick-on-Suir)
• Pedestrians allowed to use the Blueway subject to staying within 20km of home