Tipperary-Cahir-Cashel Municipal District is seeking to improve the streetscape and public realm for the towns of Tipperary, Cahir and Cashel through supporting owners of properties in the Designated Retail Areas (see attached maps and particulars), in improving and enhancing their properties and public areas generally by such means as, but not limited to :
a. Removal of inappropriate contemporary signage, fittings and general clutter and replacement with shop fascia signage (with an emphasis on hand painted signage);
b. Painting and general improvements to commercial and residential building frontages;
c. Erection of planters; floral hanging baskets or other environmental improvements.
Making an application:
The applicant must indicate their legal interest in the property.
The applicant must provide written consent from the owner if lessee or tenant.
The completed application form must be signed by the applicant.
Incomplete applications may delay processing and may result in the application not being considered.
Priority will be given to first time applicants or properties that detract from the streetscape.
Photographs of the property must be included with the application.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
Closing Date for receipt of application is 12 noon Friday 6th May, 2022.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF STREETSCAPE & BUILDING FACADE ENHANCEMENT SCHEME 2022
- If the proposals involve material alterations, in particular to protected structures, planning permission may be required and the applicant is advised to discuss such proposals with the Planning Authority.
- A summary of the works required and or physical improvements proposed must be included on or with the application form.
- Works not requiring planning permission can commence on receipt of notice from the Tipperary-Cahir-Cashel Municipal District. Works requiring permission cannot commence until a final grant notice has issued.
- The decision to award a grant rests with Tipperary-Cahir-Cashel Municipal District whose decision shall be final. In order to obtain the maximum benefit for the scheme in the event that the scheme is over-subscribed, monies will be allocated on a first-come first served basis. Works which were grant assisted in previous Enhancement & Painting Schemes in the period 2016 to 2021 will not be prioritised as part of this scheme.
- Where the applicant has outstanding liabilities with the Local Authority, the grant will only be approved where the applicant agrees to offset the grant against those outstanding liabilities.
- Restrictions & drawdown. Drawdown of the grant shall only issue provided the applicant is in compliance with the following;
- A notice of completion to include the applicant’s name, property address, commencement and completion dates must be furnished to the Council together with receipted invoices, plus before and after photographs of the building works;
- The grant cannot be reassigned without prior approval of the Local Authority;
- The works are in compliance with the approved details and are subject to final inspection;
- Maximum Grant: 50% of the approved cost of the works to a maximum €500. Please note limit may be reduced for purchase of flowers, plants etc.
APPLY ONLINE HERE