PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACTS 2000 (As amended)
MATERIAL CONTRAVENTION OF THE NORTH TIPPERARY COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2010, AS VARIED
Planning Application Reference No. 19/60/0471
Notice is hereby given in accordance with section 34(6) of the Planning and Development Acts 2000, as amended, that TIPPERARY COUNTY COUNCIL intends to consider deciding to grant a permission for development which will consist of;
1) Change of use existing former Convent of Mercy building, from office use to a single residence. The former Convent of Mercy is a Recorded Protected Structure in the Nth Tipperary County Development Plan RPS S440, NIAH 22309020. The proposed works consist of internal alterations, replacement of existing PVC windows with traditional timber sliding sash windows, construction of a 2 storey extension to rear, partial removal of existing rear wing. Works will also include restoration works throughout and replacement services throughout.
2) Change of use of existing former school house building from office use to a single residence. The former schoolhouse building is within the curtilage of the above mentioned protected structure. The proposed works consist of removal of 2 no later extensions, construction of new entrance door surround and formation of 4 no new external door openings.
3) Formation of a new vehicle entrance & pedestrian entrance to Pallas St.
4) All to be connected to existing public sewer main and water supply.
5) General site works and alterations associate with the proposed development
The Old Convent, Pallas Street, Borrisoleigh, Co. Tipperary.
The development would materially contravene the land use zoning objective of the NORTH TIPPERARY COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2010, AS VARIED as it would comprise development (proposed uses) identified as “Generally Not Permitted” on lands zoned for Social & Public Uses and where it is the objective of the Planning Authority to “to provide and improve social and public facilities.
Particulars of the development may be inspected or purchased at the Planning Office of Tipperary County Council during its public opening hours (Monday to Friday 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.) & also available for viewing on Tipperary County Councils website www.tipperarycoco.ie
Any submission or observation as regards the making of a decision to grant permission should be submitted in writing to the Planning Department, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, received not later than 4 weeks after 05/09/2019 will be duly considered by the Planning Authority.
Signed: Marcus O’Connor
Director of Services.