Pursuant to the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act, 1994, Tipperary County Council hereby gives notice of its intention to carry out Traffic Calming Works (as part of a Pavement Improvement Scheme) on the N75 at Kickham Street, Thurles.
The pavement scheme will extend along the N75 at Kickham Street from the junction with Mitchell Street to the Anner Hotel and works will consist of the following;
- traffic calming works (the subject of this Section 38 notification) consisting of narrowing of the carriageway to 3.25m wide and widening of central hatching, where present, on the mainline N75 approaches to the Mill Road Roundabout and also a minor realignment of the mainline N75 approach to the Mill Road roundabout so as to increase deflection for traffic passing through the roundabout.
- new road pavement for a distance of 1200m,
- replacing of existing concrete flag footpaths with standard concrete type,
- improvements to existing surface water drainage to alleviate flooding,
- improved pedestrian facilities,
- renewed road markings.
Drawings and particulars of the proposals are available for inspection at the Thurles Municipal District Office, Castle Avenue, Townparks, Thurles, Co. Tipperary and may be inspected during normal office hours, 9:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, from Thursday, 16th November, 2023 to Monday, 18th December, 2023 inclusive (excluding weekends and bank holidays) and on the Tipperary County Council website at www.tipperarycoco.ie
Submissions regarding the proposal clearly marked “N75 at Kickham Street, Thurles – Section 38” may be made in writing to Marcus O’Connor, Director of Services, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
Closing date for submissions is 16:30hrs on Monday, 8th January, 2024.
Director of Services
Roads, Transportation and Infrastructure
Thursday, 16th November, 2023 - 09:30 to Monday, 18th December, 2023 - 16:30
Personal Information is collected by Tipperary County Council to enable the processing of your submission / enquiry. Tipperary County Council can legally process this information as necessary to comply with its statutory / legal obligations. Such information will be processed in line with the Council’s privacy statement which is available at www.tipperarycoco.ie