Tipperary County Council
Civic Offices, Clonmel | Civic Offices, Nenagh,
Co. Tipperary
Office Locations | Get Directions
+353(0)761 065000
9.30 - 4.30 Mon-Fri
9.00 - 1.00 Mon-Fri (Motor Tax)
Tipperary County Council Civic Offices, Clonmel | Civic Offices, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Tipperary County Council Civic Offices, Clonmel | Civic Offices, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Road Permits, Licences and Claims

Road Opening Licence

A Road Opening Licence allows the holder to excavate a section of public road, i.e. carriageway/footway and associated grass verge.

A licence is required if an individual/contractor wishes to open a footpath, road or street for any reason.

Clonmel Resident Parking Permit

The Application Form should be completed and returned to:
Tipperary County Council,
Clonmel Borough District,
Customer Services Desk,
Civic Offices,
Emmet Street,

Together with:

Pothole Claims

The Public Liability Claim process allows for a claim to be made for damages arising from road conditions.

Potential Claimants should contact Irish Public Bodies on 01 639 5500

Nenagh MD Long Term & Residential Parking Disc

Thurles M.D. Casual Trading License

Casual Trading is regulated by the Casual Trading Act 1995, as amended, together with district Casual Trading Byelaws.
It is an offence under this Act to trade without a valid casual trading licence.
Casual Trading is divided into Designated Area trading and Special Event trading Designated Area.

Application for Placement of a Skip

Tipperary-Cahir-Cashel Application for Residents Parking Permit

Roads & Services Letters

If you need a letter stating that roads and services are in the charge of Tipperary County Council you should write to the Council’s Roads Department, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co Tipperary and attach:

Road Closure Application


Two notices are required to go on the paper – notice of intention and notice of decision.

Six weeks is the time required for closing a road (date would depend on when notice is received).

Both notices must be placed in one or more newspapers circulating in the area.

Abnormal Load Permit

Abnormal Load Permits generally apply to vehicles carrying abnormal or indivisible loads on public roads. In exceptional circumstances, for example, the carriage of abnormal and indivisible loads (AILS), the legal limits on weights and dimensions may be exceeded.

Single Consent Forest Road Applications

Following the enactment of the Planning and Development (Amendment) Act, 2018, responsibility for granting development consent for the construction of forest entrances onto public roads (other than national roads[1]) or the material widening of an existing entrance, has been transferred to the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine under the Single Consent System.

Subscribe to Road Permits, Licences and Claims