These guidance notes have been prepared to assist persons in the preparation of an application for a licence to discharge effluent to sewer.
The document should be read with reference to the Application Form available from the licensing authority.
The information contained herein is for guidance only and should not be interpreted as definitive as regards the information a Licensing Authority may seek in respect of a licence
Guidance is provided on the following matters:
- Legal obligations to obtain a licence;
- General procedures for processing a licence application;
- Information to be submitted concerning the characteristics of the effluent;
- Information required concerning prior treatments;
- Information concerning the impact on the sewer;