Tipperary County Council
Civic Offices, Clonmel | Civic Offices, Nenagh,
Co. Tipperary
Office Locations | Get Directions
+353(0)761 065000
9.30 - 4.30 Mon-Fri
9.00 - 1.00 Mon-Fri (Motor Tax)
Tipperary County Council Civic Offices, Clonmel | Civic Offices, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
Tipperary County Council Civic Offices, Clonmel | Civic Offices, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Applying for Higher Education Grants

For information on Higher Education Grants and Application Forms for the 2017/2018 academic year please contact Student Finance at www.studentfinance.ie

Tipperary County Council will continue to fund students who are currently in receipt of a Higher Education Grant from Tipperary County Council.

Related FAQs

Where should I send a claim form?

Corporate Services Section, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel.
Tel: 0761 065000

What is the Reckonable Higher Education Grant Income for the 2017/2018 academic Year?

Reckonable Income Details can be found on the SUSI web site www.susi.ie

My circumstances have now changed am I eligible for extra funding under a Higher Education Grant?

If your circumstances have changed permanently you will need to have your application re-assessed.

If I am reviewing my Higher Education Grant with the County Council do I need to fill in a form?

Yes a standard Renewal form. Please contact us at 0761 065000.

What is the closing date for Higher Education Grant Applications?

The closing date for renewal grant applications is 31st July 2017.

What Documents do I need to have my Higher Education Grant application re-assessed/reviewed?

PAYE / Social welfare recipient

  • Completed renewal form
  • Social Welfare form completed by your local social welfare office
  • P60 & P21
  • Gross Income from Deposit Accounts/Investments
  • Details of Dependent children
  • Details of College Courses being pursued by dependent children
  • Exam Results

In addition if you are self employed you may also need the following documents:

  • Certified Accounts in respect of self-employment including rental accounts, Trading Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet & Capital Accounts.
  • Notice of Assessment.

Higher Education Grants Postgraduate Progression – I have now completed my undergraduate Course. Can I still receive my grant?

All applications for postgraduate funding are now dealt with by SUSI.

How can I contact SUSI?

Telephone Number: 0761 087874
E-Mail support@susi.ie

If I want to change my Higher Education course who do I apply to?

If you change your course, or course level you then need to apply to SUSI.

If I have to repeat a year do I get a Higher Education Grant?

No, repeat years are not covered for grant purposes.

I am not happy with the level of Higher Education Grant that I am receiving how can I appeal this decision?

Appeals must be made in writing to Mr. Pat Slattery, Director of Corporate Services, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co Tipperary or Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh Co Tipperary.