Tipperary County Council is registered as a Data Controller with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (Registration Number 0372/A). Particulars of our registration are available online at www.dataprotection.ie. Under the Rules of the Data Protection Acts Tipperary County Council must:
- Obtain and process data fairly.
- Keep data only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- Use and disclose data only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keep data safe and secure.
- Keep data accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Ensure that data is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes.
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual, on request.
Individuals who wish to obtain a copy of personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 should apply in writing to the Data Controller Compliance Officer of Tipperary County Council.
On making an access request any individual, about whom personal data is kept is entitled to:
A copy of the data that is kept on him/her
Know the purpose/s for processing his/her data
Know the identity of those to whom the data is disclosed
Know the source of the data, unless it is contrary to public interest
Know the logic involved in automated decisions
A copy of any data held in the form of opinions, except where such opinions were given in confidence.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call 0761 06 5000.