Contact details are as follows:
Office of the Ombudsman
6 Earlsfort Terrace
Tel: Lo-call 1890 22 30 30
Tel: (01) 639 5600
Fax: (01) 639 5674
- We aim to provide the best possible service to you. However, should it happen that you are not happy with the service provided, we will deal with your complaints in a timely, courteous and helpful manner.
- In the first instance, we would advise you to complete the Customer Service Form, write to or phone or ask to see the Section Head in question.
- If you do not receive a satisfactory response to your complaint you may send a written complaint to the appropriate Director of Services/Head of Function.
- Please address your letter to the appropriate Director/Head of Function, to either Civic Offices, Clonmel, or Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh and provide as much information as possible to enable your complaint to be dealt with in a speedy and appropriate manner. The matter will be investigated and a response will be issued to you within 21 days. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. If we cannot forward a full reply in that time, we will write to you and inform you of the delay and the reason for same.
- We will aim to deal with all complaints concerning delays in services, mistakes and poor customer service within 21 days of receipt of complaint. If we cannot forward a full reply in that time, we will write to you and inform you of the delay and the reason for same.
- Should your complaint consist of complex, technical or legal aspects, we would advise you to put your complaint in writing in order to avoid any mistakes or mis-understandings.
- When we make a mistake, we will apologise for same, explain why it happened and rectify the matter immediately.
- We will include information on internal and external appeals and complaints procedures in all our documentation, publications and forms.
- The Office of the Ombudsman : If you feel that you have been unfairly treated or are not satisfied with our decision on your complaint, it is open to you to contact the Office of the Ombudsman. By law, the Ombudsman can investigate complaints about any of our administrative actions or procedures as well as delays or inaction in your dealings with us. The Ombudsman provides a free, impartial and independent dispute resolution service.