Silouette graphic representing Tipperary

Disability Access Certificate

You must apply to the local authority for a certificate if you construct a new building, carry out alterations or change the use of a specified existing building. This confirms that a building complies with disability access requirements before it is occupied or used.

Disability Access Certificates

You must apply for a Disability Access Certificate for some new buildings and some alterations and extensions to existing buildings.

A disability access certificate (DAC) shows that you have made adequate provision for people with disabilities by complying with Part M of the Building Regulations 1997-2010.
You must apply for a DAC for all new buildings (including apartments, but not houses). You can check the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government’s FAQs for more information.

Download the DAC application form and send the completed form to:
Director of Services
Building Control Section
Tipperary County Council
Civic Offices
Limerick Road
Co Tipperary

Or you can hand in your application at the Customer Services Desk in our offices at Nenagh and Clonmel. We’re open Monday to Friday, from 9:30am to 4:30pm.

Department of Environment, Community and Local Government’s FAQs