This draft Annual Budget presented to the Council for the financial year ending 31st December, 2023 contains:
- The Chief Executives Report;
- Commentary by Division giving details and information on the expenditure/income codes;
- Statutory Budget Tables.
At the Budget Meeting scheduled for the 25th November, 2022, the Council is asked to consider the draft Annual Budget and to make the following decisions:
- adopt the Annual Budget with or without amendment;
- adopt the Annual Rate on Valuation (ARV);
- determine the proportion of rates refunds applicable on vacant commercial premises.
This draft Annual Budget has been prepared in the prescribed format and in compliance with the provisions of the Local Government Act, 2001, Local Government Reform Act, 2014 and Regulations made under that legislation. The Budget is constructed on the principle of a “balanced budget” based on the overall level of resources available to the Council and the requirement to meet statutory, contractual, legal and other obligations. Under the Local Government Act, 2001, the draft Budget is required to set out the expenditure necessary to carry out the functions of the Council and the income estimated to accrue to the Council.